Accessibility, Childcare & Housing


The Centre for Accessibility provides support and program initiatives designed to remove barriers for students with a disability or ongoing medical condition. It provides a variety of supports for eligible students, including academic accommodations such as exam adaptations or the production of alternate-format material. They also provide non-academic services including mobility training and priority placement for on-campus housing.


If accessing childcare is an important consideration when deciding to come to UBC Vancouver, contact UBC Child Care Services and let them know you are looking for a space(s). Students who self-identify as Aboriginal may be eligible for priority placement. Even so, the wait-list can be long, so it is good to contact them right away.

Other options exist in the broader community, some of which are listed here.


Living on campus is a great way to get fully immersed in the UBC experience, including its beautiful natural surroundings.

As a self-identified Aboriginal student at UBC Vancouver, you are eligible for priority access to housing within the University’s residence system. In order to benefit from priority access as a newly-admitted undergraduate student who identifies as an Aboriginal person of Canada, your application for Winter Session Residence must be received by May 1.

Note that first-year students can open a residence application when applying to UBC, but must have a minimum course load of nine credits per term.

Please read Housing’s Prospective Students and Important Dates for more information.

If you have questions about residence, eligibility, deadlines, or the application process, including fee, contact:

Natalie Tole
Associate Director, Residence Admissions and Administration
Student Housing and Hospitality Services

For more information on residence life at UBC Vancouver, check out Student Housing and Hospitality Services.

For information on off-campus housing, visit Living Off-Campus.